The Kids for Camp Award makes summer music camp or a harp conference a reality for a young harpist who might otherwise not have such an opportunity. Two $500 awards will be given to promising young harp students on the basis of great financial need.
Congratulations to the 2016 Kids for Camp Scholarship winners:
- Silas Cuomo Smith, Malone, New York, age 16, Crane Youth Music
- Shannon Boyle, Potsdam, New York, age 17, Crane Youth Music
Application deadline is April 15, 2017
- Applicant must be between the ages of 10 years and 16 years on April 15, 2017.
- Application must be received by April 15, 2017.
Application Must Include
- Applicant’s full name, age, birth date, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Specific plans to attend a summer music camp or a harp conference.
- A brief biography which includes musical and academic education, a general analysis of financial need, and a statement of why this award would be of help to the applicant.
- A CD recording of the applicant’s playing, no more than 10 minutes in length, which demonstrates musical ability. At least one selection must be of standard harp repertoire and the others free choice. The judging emphasis is on musicality, not on technical merit or length of study.
- Two letters of reference evaluating the applicant’s candidacy. One of these must be from a present or previous harp instructor.
Application materials must be received by April15, 2017
and should be sent to:
Kids for Camp
646 Worcester Drive
Cambria, CA 93428-3230
For questions, contact Penny Beavers at email@example.com