Congratulations to 2012 Anne Adams Awards winners Emily Jean Melendes, Katherine Sicochi and Yue (Grace) Guo. Their awards were enhanced by $200 from the Escosa Fund, and a $500 gift certificate and specially designed award from Lyon & Healy. A permanent plaque in the Lyon & Healy showroom is engraved with the winners’ names.
Information about the next Anne Adams Awards will be posted as soon as it is available. See below for information about the 2012 Anne Adams Awards.
June 28-29, 2012
John J. Cali School of Music
Montclair State University
The Anne Adams Awards precedes the AHS National Conference in New York,
with winners performing at the Conference.
Established in 1990 by Burton Adams honoring his wife, Anne Adams, the Anne Adams Fund makes it possible to present three awards of $2,000 each for full time study of harp at a college or university. The awards are enhanced by a $500 Lyon & Healy gift certificate and a specially designed award. A permanent plaque in the Lyon & Healy showroom is engraved with the winners’ names.
Impromptu, op. 86, Gabriel Fauré
Sonata in C minor, Giovanni Battista Pescetti, trans. Carlos Salzedo
Orchestral Excerpt: Scottish Fantasy, Max Bruch
- Member of the American Harp Society
- Enrolled full time in an undergraduate or Masters level program (or equivalent) during the 2012-13 academic year.
- A typewritten application with a non-refundable application fee of $30 to arrive no later than March 15, 2012. Checks should be made payable to the American Harp Society Foundation.
Applications should include:
- Full name, birth date, legal residence, present address, telephone number, and email address.
- A history of formal and informal educational background both in music and in other fields of study.
- A statement of long-range career goals.
- A detailed description of plans for study during the award year, including availability and commitment of the persons and facilities involved in the study program.
- Three letters of reference, two of which must be from music teachers, evaluating the applicant’s candidacy.
- A list of all previous harp teachers, current repertoire, and recent public performances (both as a soloist and as a member of an ensemble.)
- A CD recording of the two required solos and the orchestral excerpt (for the recording, include all of Mvt. 1 and Mvt.4 up to letter E of the Bruch). There should be no editing within the recordings of each of the three works.
Send applications to: Anne Adams Awards, AHS Foundation, P.O. Box 24937, Eugene, OR 97402-0444 before March 15, 2012.
Questions may be directed to Sally Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.